Gospel Study Guide: The Promise of Jesusadmin
Key Text = Read Acts 2:38-41
I. The Promise
- If you:
- Repent (verse 38).
- Baptized into Christ (verse 38).
- Sins are forgiven (verse 38).
- Receive the gift of the Holy Spirit (verse 38).
- This is “the promise” referred to in verse 39.
- This promise is issued to every generation (verse 39), including ours.
II. The Forgiveness of Sins
- Acts 3:19-20 Sins wiped out.
- Colossians 1:21-23 The extent of our forgiveness because of Jesus.
- Ephesians 2:1-10 Saved by grace, not by works.
III. The Gift of the Holy Spirit
- Titus 3:3-8 Salvation is the work of the Holy Spirit, not of man (Vs 6); This salvation from the penalty of our sins (also called “justification”) is what gives us the hope of eternal life (Vs 7).
- Ephesians 1:13-14 Holy Spirit is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance.
- Romans 8:9-17 Living by the Spirit.
IV. The Family of God
- Acts 2:40-47 Another promise: added to the Lord’s church.
- 1 Corinthians 12:12-13 Baptism into the body of Christ simultaneously puts us into a new relationship with God, as our adopted Father, and other Christians as our new, spiritual family.
- Ephesians 2:18-19 Through our union with Christ, we have become members of God’s household, God’s family, the church.
- Review the promise in Acts 2:38-41 .
- Share: What aspects of the promise are most important to you, personally?