Gospel Study Guide: The Gospel of Jesusadmin
Key Texts = Acts 2 and John 1
- Day of Pentecost = Jewish pilgrim feast celebrating the anniversary of the giving of the Mosaic Law at Mount Sinai (Refer: Acts 2:1 )
- The Holy Spirit is poured out on the Apostles (Refer: Acts 2:2-13 )
- Peter explains the significance of what is happening (Refer: Acts 2:14-21 )
- Peter then preaches the very first “gospel” message about Jesus.
- The word, “gospel” means “good news”.
I. Jesus, the Man (Acts 2:22-35 )
- The Life of Jesus (Acts 2:22 )
- The Death of Jesus (Acts 2:23 )
- The Resurrection of Jesus (Acts 2:24-35 )
II. Jesus, the Plan (Acts 2:36-41 )
- D. The Lordship of Jesus (Acts 2:36 )
- E. The Promise of Jesus (Acts 2:38-39 )
- F. The Response to Jesus (Acts 2:36-41 )
III. Jesus, the Son of God (John 1:1-18 )
- Jesus is Eternal (John 1:1-5 )
- Jesus is Announced (John 1:6-13 )
- Jesus brings Grace and Truth (John 1:14-17 )
- Jesus Makes God Known (John 1:18 )
- God can be known through Jesus.
- Jesus can be known through his written word (John 20:30-31 ).
- The book of John is all about who Jesus is and therefore who God is.
- Recommend: read through the book of John to learn more about Jesus.